I need to remove a business vault from my computer.

Options
beanbean
beanbean
Community Member

I recently left (sold) my company. I created a personal vault (individual) and have everything I need in there. The new company is keeping the business account active because other team members are using 1password for their work. The team/business account is under my business email, so I cannot "unboard" or suspend myself as a team member since I'm still listed as the main administrator. Can I assign one of the other workers on my team as the new "leader" so I can suspend myself? I want to simply be able to sign into my personal vault with my own password. Since I added the personal vault while the business vault was also installed, I can ONLY sign in to the business vault to see my personal vault. If I want Worker1 to be the new admin, is it as simple as changing my business account login to that person's e-mail? They are already a team member so I don't know if that will work without screwing up permissions or sign-ins. Thanks for any help and guidance.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OS 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:remove vault

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @beanbean, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

My understanding is you would like to remove yourself from your business account and then maintain only your new individual account on your devices. If that's correct, and provided you're a member of the Owners group, you can assign another person to that group as a replacement.

From there, they can suspend you to remove your access from the account. It's also a good idea to ensure they review our recovery plan article.

Finally, you can sign out of your business account in the 1Password app on your devices. Let me know if the situation is different and we can regroup from there.

This discussion has been closed.