Option to add fields in "Save new item" popup

Options

I frequently add logins for websites which ask me for a username/password at a different time from asking me for an email. In these scenarios, I wish I could add my email (and sometimes other info too) directly in the "Save new item" popup.

It's annoying to have to click "Save", then go back up to the extension toolbar, click "Edit", make my changes, then click "Save", and go back to my original change. It's even more annoying when I tell myself I'll add the email after I finish setting up the account -- and then completely forget for a few days/weeks.

The popup clearly already supports additional fields, since it will auto-grab emails and other info if they've already been filled on the current page, and offers a ⛔ remove button. I think you just need to:

• Add a ⊕ add button for adding new sections/fields
  • Let people click on the field/section labels to edit them
  • Add a ⚇ button on existing fields to change their type

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Win10

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nukmicah

Thanks again for your feedback on your experience with 1Password. 🙂

I definitely understand what you're after here, and can see how it would be useful for some users. I'll go ahead and create a new feature request describing what you've outlined for consideration in future updates.

Take care!

• nukmicah
    nukmicah
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @paul.m_1p, just found another case where I'd find this super useful! Before 1Password, I used another method of saving my accounts and some additional relevant info besides username+password. For example email, account #, (fake) date of birth, (fake) security questions and their answers, and so on.

It was too overwhelming to migrate everything when I first signed up over a year ago, so I am just migrating accounts one at a time as I find the need to log in for the first time to XYZ site since signing up for 1Password.

Well, whenever I go to log into a new site that's not already saved in 1Password, obviously I type in my username and password then ask 1Password to save the new info. But again, I typically have to go back and Edit the 1Password entry to add that extra info.

Once again not the end of the world, but definitely annoying when it seems it'd be so easy to add!

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nukmicah - Thanks for taking the time to follow up. I would agree that this would be another reason the functionality you initially described would be nice to have! I've gone ahead and added this as further context to the use case for the feature request.

All the best! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.