1Password extension does not work in Bethesda.net

Options
agaton
agaton
Community Member
edited April 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm trying to create an account in https://bethesda.net/en/dashboard.

Clicking on the 1Password button does not generate a password, it only shows the "Save in 1Password" button:

I am using the MS Edge version of the extension, if it helps. I don't know if this is already fixed in the 2.3.3 version.

Edit:

I entered a password in the field, clicking on the "Save in 1Password" button doesn't do anything.

I created my account, and when I am logging in with my username and password, the extension does not offer to save it.

It also doesn't fill-up the 2FA code, clicking on it doesn't do anything:

1Password Version: 8.6.1
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @agaton !

I think it is an issue with the website. You are also not able to use autofill on the login screen. The inline popup appears, but when selecting username or password, nothing happens.

I'm using 1Password in the browser 2.3.5.beta in Vivaldi browser together with 1Password for Windows 8.7.0-95.beta on Windows 11.

• kevin.li
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thanks again for your assistance, @DenalB.

Hey @agaton,

As @DenalB mentioned, I can confirm that there is a known issue with the website. The site contains something referred to as 'focus trap', which actively makes it difficult for password managers, like 1Password, to autofill login information. I've gone ahead and added your experience to our internal issue in support of future improvements to 1Password.

Meanwhile, I'd suggest using the "Autofill" button on your saved item. Here's a demo GIF:

As you noticed, I've set up the 2FA for the test account, and the one-time password is auto-filled once we click inside the field. I also created a GIF of how to set up the 2FA for the account:

As shown in the GIF above, once we scan the QR code, 1Password will copy the one-time password automatically, I use the shortcut "cmd + V" to paste it in the confirm field.

Let me know how it goes.

ref: dev/core/core#1088

• agaton
    agaton
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

@kevin.li

That's why I did during testing this problem. I created my account details manually in 1Password.

On the 2FA side, 1Password can scan the QR code, but since in cannot autofill the one-time password, I manually copy pasted it.

Since you mentioned "focus trap", will 1Password need to programmed to handle each website that has it, or will there be a catch-all solution for it?

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@agaton

Thanks for confirming your test flow. I'm sorry for the extra steps involved with autofilling the login and OTP on this site.

As for the focus trap improvements, our development team is still working out how to best address that specific behaviour. A 'catch all' would certainly be great, but due to the unique structure that many sites have, I'm sure there will still be some stragglers that need to be handled individually. We sincerely appreciate support from users such as yourself to help identify problematic sites.

I'd recommend keeping 1Password updated to receive all the latest fixes and improvement. Thanks for your patience and support! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.