iPad Chrome - 1Password not showing up until I go in and out of program

Options
gadams1967
gadams1967
Community Member

In the past when I log in to a website in chrome and i am in user field it has an option on the bottom to click for 1 password. Nothing there now. I have to leave chrome and then go back to chrome and it suddenly appears. Seems odd.

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• gadams1967
    gadams1967
    Community Member
    Options

Add a bit more, I used to on my ipad in chrome when prompted for a password click on the bottom of the screen for passwords but that area doesn't show anything......until.......I leave chrome and come back in to it. the second I do that the password click at the bottom appears. Not sure if it is a setting or just an update that has caused this to be a pain. As long as I leave chrome and come back it works everytime.

• Hello @gadams1967! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling your login information into websites open in Chrome on your iPad. Can you tell me a little more about the issue? When you open a website's sign in page and then tap on either the username or password field then what do you see on the iPad? Is it possible for you to post a screenshot without revealing any personally identifiable or sensitive information?

And does Password AutoFill work on the same webpage in Safari? In other words, is the issue only occurring when you use Chrome?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• gadams1967
    gadams1967
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if picture is attaching. But on bottom of screen i don’t have the word password to click to then give me the choice to click 1Password.

• gadams1967
    gadams1967
    Community Member
    Options

This is after i simply leave chrome and come back. Suddenly password is now available to click on the bottom of the screen

• gadams1967
    gadams1967
    Community Member
    Options

Works in safari, seems like only an issue in chrome

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gadams1967

Thank you for the additional details and for the screenshots. Can you make sure that both iPadOS and Chrome are updated to the latest versions on your iPad:

Then restart your iPad. If you can still reproduce the issue after the restart then can you try to disable and then re-enable Password AutoFill on your iPad:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > AutoFill Passwords.
    3. Turn off AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.

Let me know if that helps. 😊

This discussion has been closed.