Family member can't sign into IOS app.

os2mac
os2mac
Community Member

recently switched to a Famliy plan. set my wife up an account. shared a vault everything works great. she can log in to the website just fine. however if she tries to use the IOS.app it fails. even setting it up from the bar code. I know the "master password" is correct. some help would be appreciated.

1Password Version: most current
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 15.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:Family member can't sign into IOS app

Comments

• Hello @os2mac! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is unable to add her account to 1Password on iOS. You said that she can login to the website, can you have her try to log in to her 1Password account on 1Password.com using Safari on the iOS device (not on a Mac or Windows PC)? Can she log in using Safari on iOS?

If she can login to 1Password.com on iOS then what error message does she see when she tries add the account to the iOS app?

I look forward to hearing from you. πŸ™‚

• os2mac
    os2mac
    Community Member

So that worked just fine.

The error says a problem exists with your sign in. Please check your master password or sign in manually with the details from emergency kit or a signed on device

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2022

@os2mac

Try from a different connection. That could be different Wi-Fi, or cellular etc. It is rare, but occasionally we will see issue like what you have described. Most often issues can be resolved by turning off any VPN's in use. Sometimes it's a wrong Emergency Kit in use from changing regions. We can help you narrow this down and get things where they need to be.

If the trouble continues can you reach out to us using support@1password.com ? Please make sure to write in from the email address associated with your account.

• os2mac
    os2mac
    Community Member

No vpn, it’s the right emergency kit.

• os2mac
    os2mac
    Community Member

She tried from cellular. We deleted the app and reinstalled it

• @os2mac

Thank you for the reply. Did deleting the app and reinstalling it resolve the issue? If it didn't then please write in to support@1password.com and our team would be happy to help further. 😊

• os2mac
    os2mac
    Community Member

No it did not.

• @os2mac

Please try opening this address in Safari: onepassword://diagnostics on your wife's device.

That should prompt 1Password to generate a diagnostic report. Please email that report to support+forum@1password.com, along with a link to this thread (https://1password.community/discussion/127798/family-member-cant-sign-into-ios-app#latest). When you do you'll get a Support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here.

Ben

• os2mac
    os2mac
    Community Member

It’s already been sent in

• @os2mac

Sounds good! Please continue working with my colleague over email, if you don't receive a response then please post the Support ID (you'll find it in the subject line of the email thread) and I'll get the ticket chased for you. 😊

• simplyparticular
    simplyparticular
    Community Member

We are experiencing the same issue. Family account, authorized spouse is able to login via Safari in Big Sur and iOS 15.4.1, but. Or able to log in via the app v 7.9.5. I’m the account manager and have no issues.

• @simplyparticular

I'm sorry to hear that your spouse is unable to add their account to the 1Password app on their iOS device. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from their iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.