Built in browser in 1pw

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi,

I always use autofill in IOS safari without the extension.
That works fine for me. I decide with my fingerprint when to fill in the password or not.

What about the built in browser in the app?
Just curious how that works.

I opened the vault and clicked the website (login url) of a certain item.
Sometimes autofills password directly and sometimes it needs to be done
manually like in IOS safari.

Why sometimes it fills in the password automatically in the built in browser of 1 PW Is it because I am in the 1pw app allready?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @F_9083x! 👋

Since you're already inside of the unlocked 1Password app, your login information will fill into a website open in the built-in browser without you having to unlock 1Password a second time.

If you have a 1Password account then I would recommend using Safari with the new 1Password in Safari web extension rather than using the built-in browser. 1Password for Safari features greatly improved filling capabilities and offers an experience that is similar to what you're already used to with 1Password for the browser on the desktop. Here is a guide on how to enable 1Password for Safari on devices running iOS and iPadOS 15: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

We recently announced that the built-in browser won't be included with 1Password 8: 1Password 8: In-App Browser [no in-app browser planned for v8] — 1Password Support Community

I hope that helps. 😊

This discussion has been closed.