Windows setup intro wizard doesn't support touch

Options

Hey folks,

Just installed 1Password 8 on a Surface Pro 8, and none of the controls of the intro flow supported touch. They work fine with the mouse.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @kop48:

Thanks for mentioning this! This is something we're aware of, and hope to have smoothed out soon. I've added your feedback to our internal tracker for this issue, and we'll be sure to give you an update as soon as we've got it sorted out. In the meantime, using your mouse would be the best bet. Thanks again for letting us know!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#13577

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thanks!

• You're very welcome @kop48!

Jack

• AliH1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey @kop48, I just wanted to give you an update on the touch input issue.

A fix has been implemented in the latest Beta release of 1Password. If you're currently on the Beta channel, let me know if you run into any further issues with touch input. Otherwise, if you'd like to switch to the Beta release, you can follow these steps. These changes will eventually make their way to the Production channel, so you're welcome to wait for that update. 🙂

Ali

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I'm already on the Beta release. Are there particular touch issues that were fixed outside of the first setup experience?

• rob
    Options

@kop48 my understanding is that the regression was pretty widespread through the UI (e.g., selecting items, copying fields, etc.), but that it should be completely resolved.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Gotcha!

• Thank you again for reporting this, @kop48.

And if anyone reading this thread is encountering any other issues related to this, do let us know - we want to squash the bugs! 🔨

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, scrolling through lists with touch results in very janky animations. Touch targets seem to work fine though. Scrolling through the details of an item isn't as janky, but isn't as smooth as I'd expect.

• rob
    Options

Hey, @kop48. I'm sorry for the delay here. Is this still the case for you? If so, can you tell me which version you're using? I'll get a Windows expert to take a look.

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

@rob just tested and scrolling with touch seems fine now. Only nitpick is that the app menu (accessed through ... ) isn't optimised for touch - the menu items need more spacing.

• rob
    Options

Good to know! Thanks, @kop48.

the menu items need more spacing

Gasp. I don't hear this very often. 😄 (I've passed it on to the team, thank you!)

ref: dev/core/core#14939

This discussion has been closed.