1P <> Browser autocomplete collisions

Options

Hi there,

There are things that I don't keep in my 1Password -- my contact card, credit card, etc.

The new beta plugin seems to be very all or nothing, e.g. if I ask 1Password to automatically manage my AutoFill sections, then I can't use Safari or Chrome's built-in username/password filling.

If I turn off this feature, then my browser dropdowns and 1P's dropdown collides.

I think there are a few requests/ideas here:

1. Have more granular control in Chrome in what autofills 1P manages (CC, Contacts, PWs)
  2. If 1P can't fill in something because it's missing (e.g. an email address), don't show an empty state, or let me disable it.
  3. Increase z-index of the 1P dropdown if I tap the inline CTA to bring the 1P dropdown in front of the browser UI (or otherwise de-collide).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @timfee:

Great questions!

While we'd generally recommend using 1Password in the browser for all of your filling needs, it's possible to turn off 1Password in the browser overriding the browser's autofill settings. To do this, right click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, then choose Settings. Turn off the setting for "Make 1Password the default password manager", and then you can turn on your browser's autofill options.

I've shared your thoughts about not showing the "No items to show" dropdown as well internally. While I can't promise anything, we use feedback like yours to inform the future of 1Password.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-714

• timfee
    timfee
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! Mostly I think the setting name is misleading as it currently stands -- in Chrome it says "automatically make 1P default password manager" - but enabling this ALSO forces 1P to become default autofill providers for identity + CCs

This discussion has been closed.