Prevent Spotlight (macOS Monterey) from including individual 1password items in results

Options
MarkBUK
MarkBUK
Community Member

Spotlight results currently include individual items from my 1password vaults.

I want to disable this so 1password entries never appear in Spotlight results (I am aware they can be selected to open and fill that entry, I do not use 1password in this way).

I've had a good look round 1password preferences but can't see anything (it looks like there is a way to disable this in iOS?).

The results appear in the Spotlight 'Other' section but I don't want to disable that whole block of results generically since it would needlessly exclude 1password results, too.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Mark

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.4 (70904001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1 (21E258)

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@MarkBUK

Granular control is not possible with Spotlight. You can disable spotlight integration all together if you wish. 1Password > Preferences > Advanced - Integrations - disable Spotlight and 3rd part app integrations.

While I have you, have you given thought to trying 1Password 8? Today is the inaugural launch date. 1Password 8 for Mac is here! 🎉🙌

• MarkBUK
    MarkBUK
    Community Member
    Options

Doh! I'd blanked over the word Spotlight, there – that did the trick, thanks.

I'm just installing 1Password 8 right now, thanks! :)

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

Sounds good. There is no need to disable a Spotlight option with 1Password 8. It doesn't exist. 😉

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

There is no need to disable a Spotlight option with 1Password 8. It doesn't exist

Thanks for posting that; I was searching just now, but could not find it...

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@XIII

You're most welcome. IIRC you'e using Alfred? Leaving this here for those others like us who use Alfred that might venture this way.

Alfred 4.6.5 Released: 1Password 8 Workflow Integration - Alfred Blog

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I use Alfred.

I tried that 1Password workflow when they announced it and it totally messed up Alfred, so I had to uninstall it.

In fact I had to uninstall & re-install Alfred and even manually delete a LaunchAgent to get everything working properly again...

• ag_tommy
    Options

Oh my! I'm glad I have not experienced that. The loss of Alfred would be utterly devastating to me. I am very happy to hear things are working once again with Alfred.

This discussion has been closed.