Passwords saved in wrong vault

Erik1P
Erik1P
Community Member
edited April 2022 in iOS

I have configured my 1Password account to use a single vault (not 'Private'). My 'All Vaults' setting is pointing to this vault and also my 'Vault for Saving'. However, 1Password is saving new passwords in my Private vault. It took me a while to discover this as the new passwords also didn't show up when searching for them (they did turn up when I tried to use them in new passwords in a login form and this puzzeld me even more initially).

What can I change to stop this (I don't have this problem on my desktop 1Password).

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPadOS 15.4.1

Comments

• @Erik1P,

Are you saving these passwords using the browser extension in Safari?

• Erik1P
    Erik1P
    Community Member

Most probably I did (on myiPad).

• @Erik1P

Thank you for the reply. At the moment, 1Password for Safari on the iPhone/iPad will use the Personal/Private vault of the first 1Password account added. I can see how it would be useful to select a specific vault as the default save location and I've added your feedback to our internal tracking item for the feature request.

Thank you for reporting the issue! 😊

ref: dev/core/core#10608

• Erik1P
    Erik1P
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Hi Dave, thanks for your response although it leaves me puzzled ... you're calling this a feature request but when I specify in my 1Password settings new passwords should be saved in another location, I can only see this as a bug. Am I missing something? I must have saved passwords in the past on my iPad but never have noticed this behaviour before.

• @Erik1P

Thank you for the reply. I agree, the phrase "feature request" isn't the best fit here. 🤔 I can confirm that this is an issue that our developers are aware of and we have an internal work item open to investigate fixing this with a future update.

I must have saved passwords in the past on my iPad but never have noticed this behaviour before.

Is it possible that you used Password AutoFill instead of 1Password in Safari to save logins in the past? Let me know. 😊

• Supersol
    Supersol
    Community Member

Hi - same issue here. It's a nuisance for sure and can cause difficulty when sharing with family who cannot access private vault. It's now 6+ months later since the issue was raised. What's your timeline to resolve this please?

This discussion has been closed.