One Login Item, multiple TOTPs for LDAP-based logins

krumeich
krumeich
Community Member

I'd like to bring up an issue that has been discussed before (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/413406). Has there been any new development? I'd like to add another use case to promote this feature request

In our company, we have one central LDAP server. This server stores a user name/password combination that we use for every internal system. Accordingly, I have one login item to provide the LDAP credentials. This login item contains several URLs. Works very well.

However, now we'd like to enforce the use of 2FA with TOTP. Of course, each associated system has its own TOTP. I can add multiple TOTPs to the same login item, but as far as I can see there is no way to automatically fill these in. And the login items looks a bit strange with several TOTPs: The first one is displayed in conjunction with user name and password, while the others appear in the lower sections of the item.

Would it be possible to associate the TOTP fields with the URLs so that the client app knows which TOTP to pick for which server?

Thanks for considering this, I'm looking forward to reading your reaction!

Alexander

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:totp

Comments

• ag_max
    edited May 2022

Hi @krumeich, I appreciate you taking your time to share your use case and feature request. 👋

While I don't have any news to share, I have added your comments to an internal issue for tracking purposes. I cannot promise we'll add proper support for filling multiple TOTPs for Login items in the way you describe, though rest assured that our team will be able to review your feedback and consider it for future implementation.

For now, the same suggestions found in the previous thread still apply. You can maintain separate Login items and save the relevant TOTP codes to each one. This will ensure each TOTP code will correspond with the correct URL. The second option is to maintain a single Login item and save the most popular/frequently used TOTP code first, which will be selected and filled by 1Password automatically. The other TOTP codes can be saved after and filled manually.

I hope this helps and do let our team know if you have any additional feedback that we can help pass on.

ref: IDEA-I-871

• krumeich
    krumeich
    Community Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I did what you suggested and it is a workaround.

This week, I'm going to onboard a bunch of colleagues to 1Password who aren't so experienced with password managers. I was hoping for a more consistent solution, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. :-)

• Happy to assist, @krumeich, and I wish I had a better solution for your use case.

Let us know should anything else come up or if we can be of any help going forward.

This discussion has been closed.