1Password for Mac asking for a previously used account master password to unlock

Options
ramirmesquita
ramirmesquita
Community Member

Hi, just re-installed 1Password on my Mac for personal purposes. Before there was an installation for business purposes in which I no longer have access to, and the application keeps signed there, and asking that password. I can't remove it within settings and "+" button on accounts tab is disabled. Tried to uninstall with an app cleaner app, but result is the same.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@ramirmesquita

It sounds like you want to reset and start anew. Please let me know if you have any questions before you begin. This will remove all data currently on the installation of 1Password 7.

1. Make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.
    • 🛑 Stop here if that is not the case, and let me know.
    1. Open or bring 1Password to the front.

2. Click on Help (at the very top of the screen to the right of the Apple icon) > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. You will be asked to type in a code, and you need to copy it as is, hyphens included.

3. Click on Delete Data and Start Over. * This only removes local data and doesn't affect your data. At this point, 1Password will quit and disappear off your screen.

4. Open 1Password again on your Mac, and there will be two choices - New to 1Password? Or Used 1Password before?

• For 1Password.com memberships: Under 'Used 1Password before' select the 1Password.com option, sign in to your account. * If you see the option for signing into any old no longer used accounts, please use the section for signing into a different account.
This discussion has been closed.