Pinned Fields - Password fields

johnnysheppard
johnnysheppard
Community Member

Hi,

The new Pinned Fields feature is great - I can see it being really useful for OTPs.

If you pin a password field, it seems to let you copy it easily enough, but is there a way to view it? Maybe with a long press or something (although I tried that and it didn't seem to work).

Cheers,

Johnny.

1Password Version: iOS 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.4.1

Comments

• Tino_B
    Tino_B
    Community Member

For me too, a great new feature I waited for it. But if I pin a VISA card PIN that I have to enter in cash machine I don’t want to copy pin I want to see the pin.

• Thanks @johnnysheppard & @Tino_B, that's great feedback and you'll be pleased to know that we're working on that and hopefully it'll land in your hands in the coming weeks.

• johnnysheppard
    johnnysheppard
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_andrew - you're right, I am very pleased to hear that :) - One more thing that I thought would be nice would be if you could optionally arrange the pinned fields in multiple rows rather than them all being in the same row that you can scroll across. For me the purpose of this seems to be having the fields easily accessible - anything that you have to do to get to them slows this down and takes that aim away a little.

I know if you have lots of pinned fields, there's still some scrolling to be done, but with my iPhone, I can only see 2 at the moment before I have to scroll across. If they could be arranged in multiple rows, I could fit a good number more in before having to scroll.

• sambeckett
    sambeckett
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Thank you reaching out with great feedback @johnnysheppard and @Tino_B it's really appreciated.

I'm currently working on the design and experience for Pinned Fields and it's great to see that the feature already provides you with extra utility :)

@johnnysheppard We've explored different ways to arrange and order Pinned Fields on the home view. We decided to collect the Pinned Fields together in one section and allow the user to manage where they would like that section to appear on their Home view. This allows us to keep the Home view more focused and ensure other sections are still accessible.

This said, I can appreciate that only displaying 2 pinned fields at a time could be limiting for some users, especially as right now the user cannot control the order of those Pinned Fields.

We will continue to iterate on this feature in the coming weeks so stay tuned and once again thank you so much for reaching out with your feedback!

• johnnysheppard
    johnnysheppard
    Community Member

One more thing I forgot to ask - is it currently (or going to be) possible to re-arrange the pinned fields? I think at the moment they just appear in the order based on when they were set up?

• @johnnysheppard thats definitely something I want to address.

• johnnysheppard
    johnnysheppard
    Community Member

@ag_andrew - great stuff. Once again thanks to you and all the team for the great work.

• @johnnysheppard so glad you’re enjoying the new features. Thanks for all the great feedback 💜

• Tino_B
    Tino_B
    Community Member

@jonnysheppard Thank you for the constructive inquiries, which I would also have wanted to ask😀

• Thanks, @Tino_B! Let us know if you think of anything else.

• djarsky
    djarsky
    Community Member

I would love to add one more feature request to Pinned fields. I haven't figured out an easy way to remove a pinned field from the Home screen other than going back into the vault item (which seems tedious) and touching on the field to reveal the drop down menu. I think it would be great to offer that on the Home Screen by a long touch or maybe some swiping motion. Thank you!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Nice @djarsky I was about to suggest this as well

• @djarsky @Manaburner Something like this? Stay tuned 😀

• djarsky
    djarsky
    Community Member

@ag_andrew Exactly! :-)

And thanks so much for listening!

-David

• @djarsky My pleasure, keep those suggestions coming!

• Tino_B
    Tino_B
    Community Member

nice changes in last update in testflight. It would be so great when in long press I can change between pin field is showing or not showing (*****) on home screen

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

+1 for being able to reveal the secret as an option after a long press.

For example, I’m at a hotel, I created a new pin for the safe whilst I’m here. It would be great to pin it to the Home Screen and see the pin. I don’t need to copy and paste it anywhere.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@ag_andrew Wow nice thank you! :)

• @Tino_B @chris55 That's definitely on the list. We're starting out by adding the ability to Large Type a pinned field, but we have our eyes on "reveal" as well. Keep the feedback coming!

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

From todays latest update, haptic feedback from long pressing the pinned field would be great and feel more native.

• johnnysheppard
    johnnysheppard
    Community Member

Thanks so much for the latest update - the long-press menu is great!!! Better than I was hoping for in fact.

The only thing I'm now looking for with pinned fields is to be able to re-arrange or at least re-order them. Is that something that's likely to be looked at do you think?

• Tino_B
    Tino_B
    Community Member

very nicely implemented with the long press menu. I join @johnnysheppard and would find it fantastic if you can still change the pins in their order afterwards. What is very nice is that I can just put any field as a pin on the homescreen. Great. Another suggestion for default action menu - a third possibility / third menu item: reveal when tap on PIN on home screen.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

I love the ability to long press and choose the default action to "Show in large Type". However, I'm wanting to be able to have both the options available to check. Can't it copy to the clipboard at the same time as show the large version? That's what I'd want, most. Best of both worlds. :)

• @johnnysheppard @Tino_B Re-ordering of pinned fields is on our list, for sure. We had to prioritize and it felt more important to get the default actions working, so that's what we've focused on so far.

Reveal is something we're keeping our eye on, thanks for letting us know that you'd find it useful.

• ag_andrew
    edited June 2022

@volcom45 I'm glad you're enjoying the default actions for the pinned fields. At this point we're not going to be making multi-actions available on a single press. The good news is that all those actions are available to execute right from the long-press menu so you can get just what you need 👍

Keep the feedback coming!

• @chris55 I think haptic feedback would be a great addition to this feature, I'll bring it up with the team. Keep the feedback rolling in! 💜

This discussion has been closed.