Using F2 to edit TAG names

Options
roclarke
roclarke
Community Member

I have just converted from eWallet to your product and LOVE IT !!
Ok, Fan girl over... I would love to see the feature included where we can use F2 to edit the names of the tags and have that name change replicate through all of the records that have previously been allocated the old tag.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• roclarke
    roclarke
    Community Member
    Options

I have used the multiple vault to great success and now I would like to use tags to segregate my 850 odd items in my 1Password. I have done this semi-successfully however when I have made a mistake and the tag needs to change its name to accommodate a more hierarchically designed outcome I can't just change the tag and have the effects go through all of the records that I have created. I end up having to go through ALL of the previously categorised items in order to get the right result. I am hoping you would consider this in the next update. Thanks

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @roclarke, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password so far 😄

I can definitely see how it would be useful to have the ability to rename existing tags. Although I can't promise if or when this would be implemented, we currently have an internal feature request where I'll be sure to add your comments which will help highlight user interest in this feature.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can create a new tag, add it to the items currently tagged with the old tag, and then delete the old tag. To tag items in bulk you can hold down Ctrl or Shift while clicking to select multiple items, and then drag and drop them onto your new tag in the sidebar.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further feedback or questions!

Ali

IDEA-I-713

• roclarke
    roclarke
    Community Member
    Options

Good work around. That will do for the moment. Thanks again and well done on a great product !

• AliH1P
    Options

You're most welcome @roclarke! I'm glad to hear the workaround was helpful and we greatly appreciate your kind words 😄

Ali

This discussion has been closed.