Vulnurable passwords - Ignore

Options
klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member
edited April 2022 in Windows

Are these able to be changed after the fact? My wife and daughter have some passwords to access sites for school (which always seem to have the WORST websites, security, and practices with almost complete consistency) and theres either one password for everyone, or she's been assigned one. In either case theyre not allowed to change them and as such are presented with what amounts to an irrelevant un-addressable banner.

I dont want to get too heavy handed with the ignore button without knowing if theyre able to be reverted or removed from the "blacklist" after the fact so i've refrained until I come confer with the professionals :P

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Theo13
    Theo13
    Community Member
    Options

I am not able to help you, but wanted to chime in. I have a lot of entries with bad passwords which either can't be changed or are for things which are protected by other means. It would be great to have only the real problematic entries in the list and not nearly 100 accounts which will stay there forever.

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

Fortunately it’s limited to just a half dozen or so on my end but in an attempt to use the tool to full effect I like to keep it at zero. For the ones that are perma stuck that way I want to omit the warning but should they ever become changeable, or one gets omitted by accident (whether it be a weak pass warning or a 2FA warning) I’d like to be able to reference what is on the black list and remove it if necessary.

Thanks for chiming in :)

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @klepp0906, thanks for the question. I completely understand your concern here but I can confirm that ignoring these items will move them to an "Ignored Alerts" list in Watchtower.

You can safely ignore an item > select Watchtower > select "Show Ignored Alerts" (bottom right) > find the ignored item and select "Unignore." This works for weak password as well as 2FA warnings. I hope that helps!

Ali

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

Ah rock on! Means I can get right to it. Thank you!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ali.hazime !

select "Show Ignored Alerts" (bottom right)

I'm using 1Password 8 for Windows 8.7.0-28 Beta. I'm not able to see Show Ignored Alerts. Do I have to switch to the latest Nightly build? 🤔

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey again!

Just updated to the fresh and hot beta release 8.7.0-41 and guess what? Show Ignored Alerts is available now. 👌👍

• AliH1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey @DenalB, thanks for pointing that out! This feature is indeed currently only available on the Nightly release version of 1Password 8.

@klepp0906, you can go still go ahead and proceed with ignoring those alerts. However, if you want to see the list, you'll need to switch to the Nightly release (let me know if you require the steps on how to do so) or wait until this feature is added to the Production release.

Ali

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ali.hazime,

No. I just installed the latest beta. You don’t have to use the nightly build. 😉

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @DenalB, spot on! The changes were added to today's Beta release. Thanks again!

• gary
    gary
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Concerning ignored alerts, is it possible to have some way to multiple select and add multiple at once to ignore? e.g. if for example one wants to set such for an entire domain and all subdomains.

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @gary, thanks for reaching out. It's not possible to select and ignore alerts for multiple items at once.

With that said, I can certainly see the benefit of having the option to ignore items for an entire domain and all subdomains. While I can't make any promises, I'll be sure to pass this suggestions along to our team to see if this is something that can be implemented in the future. Thanks!

Ali

IDEA-I-901

• gary
    gary
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I’m not sure what is the ideal way. One possibility is if Watchtower in the sidebar had a submenu such as for categories such as ignored. Then perhaps one could drag and drop.

As far as some list view for ignored, vulnerabilities etc, selecting some category from the dashboard then having it merely using the same thing item list view as when viewing accounts etc, not sure if that is ideal. Haven’t thought about it much but maybe some other tabbed view to see all categories of possibly need to fix items could make management easier.

This discussion has been closed.