iOS app and 1Password 6 WLAN sync of local vault still working correctly?

MusicMaker
MusicMaker
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Can anyone confirm (or refute) that iOS app version 7.9.5 will still sync via WLAN with standalone vault on macOS 1Password 6.8.9?

To be clear- this is a LOCAL vault stored on my Mac, and I am syncing between my iPhone and that Mac over WiFi on my home network (not via 1Passwrod.com, DropBox, or any other cloud/remote sync method).

This has been working, but I understand there was some local syncing functionality silently removed with one (or more) of the iOS updates this past year.

I am currently running iOS 1Password app version 7.7.8 with macOS app version 6.8.9 and everything works. I would like to update the iOS app to 7.9.5 (so my iPhone App Store stops bugging me about it), but will not do so unless I can get confirmation that local WLAN sync with 1Password 6 still works.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: macOS 6.8.9, iOS 7.7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6

Comments

• MusicMaker
    MusicMaker
    Community Member

Sorry- I intended this to be posted in the iOS section. Will re-post there.

• MusicMaker
    MusicMaker
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Can anyone confirm (or refute) that iOS app version 7.9.5 will still sync via WLAN with standalone vault on macOS 1Password 6.8.9?

To be clear- this is a LOCAL vault stored on my Mac, and I am syncing between my iPhone and that Mac over WiFi on my home network (not via 1Passwrod.com, DropBox, or any other cloud/remote sync method).

This has been working for years on my current setup, but I have heard (but not confirmed) that some local syncing functionality may have silently been removed in one (or more) of the iOS updates this past year. Have there been any changes to WLAN sync functionality?

I am currently running iOS 1Password app version 7.7.8 with macOS app version 6.8.9 and everything works. I would like to update the iOS app to 7.9.5 (so my iPhone App Store stops bugging me about it), but will not do so unless I can get confirmation that local WLAN sync with 1Password 6 still works.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: iOS 7.7.8, macOS 6.8.9
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 10.14.6

• @MusicMaker

I'm honestly not sure. 1Password 6 hasn't been updated in a number of years, and is no longer supported. I'm happy to leave the thread open in case someone else has an answer and wants to chime in though.

Ben

• MusicMaker
    MusicMaker
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben

Perhaps I could narrow the inquiry- it's not really about 1Password 6, but rather about iOS 1Password 7.

As of iOS 1Password 7.7.8, all the way up until the current 7.9.5, have there been any changes to (or reduced functionality of) WLAN sync with any of the releases?

That might be easier for you to confirm/refute, as it's the most current app there is.

• MusicMaker
    MusicMaker
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Also- it appears this topic was deleted from the iOS forum? Why? This is specifically about iOS 1Password 7.9.5. That forum is where I thought I was posting this in the first place.

I don't think old desktop app users are the most likely audience to be able to address this, since it regards an iOS app.

This discussion has been closed.