Cannot setup 1P7 trial on any platform. Mac app rejecting my assigned key. Am user since 2010.

Options
yosemite4
yosemite4
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

I just opened a 1P7 trial account, downloaded the credentials, then downloaded the app from the Apple store to my 12.3.1 OS. I am using the last supported desktop version 6.8.9. I am using version 6 for iOS, iPadOS and 1P4 for Windows 10/11. They all need to be updated to 1P7.

When I open the 1P7 app on OS 12.3.1 and enter my credentials manually, it gives several error messages:
"The server not be found";
"Check your email and Secret Key. The Secret Key for this email address should start with: A3-P.... We were unable to verify your credentials..."

My EKit starts with A3-K.. not A3-P...

I do not use Dropbox or iCloud. I need to this version up and running on several platforms, OS, iOS, iPadOS and Windows 10/11. They need to all work together, but I'd be happy with 12.3.1.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @yosemite4! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble upgrading to 1Password 7 and a 1Password account. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a step-by-step illustration.

1Password 7 exists as an icon only (see top image).I don't use iCloud, Dropbox, and the manual entry of my Password 6 key failed. My vault is standalone on my old Mac with OS High Sierra. I'm using a brand new MAC with copies of 1 Password6 and 7, neither of which work (see graphic). I can't run the diagnostic because I can't get into the 1Password 7 app.

I received a discount offer for three years, but can't set up an individual trial account because there is a frozen individual account using my email.

I am using 1Password Version 7.9.5 on my iPhone. I don't know if that version is connected to the online frozen account, which may have been set up in 2018 and by support staff because of difficulties I was having with 1Password in 2018. I don't know.

• ag_tommy
    Options

@yosemite4

I see you are in contact will a colleague via email. Please continue that discussion. I am going to close this topic to prevent duplication of efforts.

ref: PCT-24663-543

This discussion has been closed.