1P with iCloud Sync and Chrome

Options
rcornish
rcornish
Community Member

Hi........
I'm running 1P 7 in MacOS 12.3.1 and syncing to my vault via iCloud. I installed the "classic" 1P plugin to Chrome v101.0.4951.54, but it does not show in the toolbar, or menu bar, or whatever Chrome calls it this week, because there is no menu bar at all. The extensions menu shows 1P is installed, but I have no way to enter passwords into web forms.

The instructions at https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/ are out of date.

Can you help? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hey @rcornish:

To confirm, if you're using the classic extension, 1Password mini from the macOS menu bar is what you'd use to select an item to fill (or press ⌘+). If you'd like to see passwords in-line when using Chrome, that would require 1Password in the browser, our newer extension, which only supports 1Password memberships, and doesn't support standalone vaults synced using iCloud or Dropbox.

Jack

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thanks for the reply. There is no macOS menu bar in Chrome, but option-command-backslash works, so at least I'm back up. Thanks again.

1Password is a great product, but I'm very disappointed that you guys are abandoning those who bought your product in good faith to use with iCloud. I will probably switch password managers before I migrate to a subscription service with you.

• Hey @rcornish:

To clarify, I'm referring to the menu bar at the top of the screen: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/menu-bar-mchlp1446/mac

There should be the 1Password mini icon in your menu bar.

Have you gotten in touch with our dedicated migration team? We'd love it if you joined us for the future of 1Password, and we're offering some great discounts if you trade in your current standalone license. If you'd like to get the ball rolling on migrating to a 1Password account, you can get in touch with them via support+tradein@1password.com.

If not, I completely understand. Stay safe out there!

Jack

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack.......
    Thanks for the clarification on the menu bar and the note on migration. I will check with them and see what they have to say.

• ag_tommy
    Options

Sounds good. Let us know if you have any questions. You've been with us a while now, so I know you'll do just that. Have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.