To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I remove my credit card after I add a gift card

Nicholas1P
Nicholas1P
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Memberships

i,

Still in trial phase at the moment, but have already put my credit card in to pay for my subscription when it becomes due in less than 2 weeks.

I noticed the gift cards, especially the $125 dollar one for $99 is good value. If I were to add a gift card to my account, am I then able to remove my credit card so that the money is taken from the gift card when payment is due? As the gift card would fund 3 years of subscriptions I don't really want it stored elsewhere if you don't need it for at least the next 3 years.

If I tried to remove the credit card now, without a gift card, it would end my trial subscription as the only button I can see is the 'unsubscribe' button to remove my credit card. If both the gift card and credit card were active, what would happen if I were to click on the 'unsubscribe' button? Would it just remove the credit card and leave the gift card in place?

Can't believe I am having to fuss with all of this when all I really want to do is delve into the product itself. :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Nicholas1P
    Nicholas1P
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

I thought this was an active community. 5 days, only 15 views and no replies.

My trial period is coming to an end soon and I really need an answer.

I have managed to get a 50% discount on my first year, but I am thinking about buying a voucher as opposed to using my credit card.

If I were to click on cancel subscription, which is the only way of removing my credit card, and then immediately add a voucher afterwards, would I lose my 50% discount? Or am I better off paying by credit card this time around, and then cancelling the subscription when it is still active to remove my credit card and then resubscribe immediately with a voucher code?

Are there any staff or dedicated community members available to answer this question?

Edit: I am going to post this question in memberships section as well and see if I have better luck getting a reply there.

• Nicholas1P
    Nicholas1P
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

My trial period is coming to an end soon and I have managed to get a 50% discount on my first year, but I am thinking about buying a voucher as opposed to using my credit card. The credit card is already saved in your billing system, and it appears difficult to remove without unsubscribing whilst still in trial period.

If I were to click on unsubscribe, which is the only way of removing my credit card, and then immediately add a voucher afterwards, would I lose my 50% discount? Or am I better off paying by credit card this time around, and then cancelling the subscription when it is still active to remove my credit card and then resubscribe immediately with a voucher code?

I originally posted this in the Purchasing section, but 5 days and 15 views later, sadly no replies. :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• @Nicholas1P

Please email us using support@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. One of my billing colleagues would be more than willing to help with this. To be honest, I am not sure and I would rather direct you to someone who knows the correct answer.

• Nicholas1P
    Nicholas1P
    Community Member

Thanks.

• On behalf of Tommy, you're welcome! 🤗

This discussion has been closed.