Autofill reuse wrong password

Options

I created a password on a website. Then changed it on 1password, and then found out I couldn't changed my password on the website, so I went through the password history on 1password and rechanged to the password I created the account with. Problem is that when I autofill, the input field autofills the wrong password and it doesn't matter how many times I update it to the new password, it still always use the wrong password. I can manually go into the browser extension, and copy the correct password from there, but its such a hassel.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @alexankd

Thanks for taking the time to write in here. I'm sorry for the trouble that you're experiencing with this. It is certainly odd, if the existing login item has been updated with the new password. I'm not sure exactly what is causing the old password to keep getting autofilled, but the quickest way to fix this would be creating a new manual item. Here are the steps I'd take:

1. Navigate to the site's login page.
    2. Type in your username/email manually, and then paste in the copy the correct password from the browser extension - don't click login.
    3. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    4. Select 'Save Login' and save it as a New Item.
    5. Refresh the webpage and try autofilling with the New Item you just created.

If you are able to autofill successfully, you can go ahead and delete the old login item in 1Password.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible that the browser's auto-fill is still enabled and overriding the password?

• alexankd
    alexankd
    Community Member
    Options

I fixed it by deleting the saved initals from the website on 1password and then readding it with the correct password

• @alexankd

Glad to hear you managed to get it rectified! 😊

This discussion has been closed.