Identity not auto filled

ich
ich
Community Member

Hi there,
even though I've entered an identity with all the required information in 1pw it won't be offered when registering to new sites. (e.g. https://www.douglas.de/de/login)

I thought that an identiy works like a login item and 1pw would than offer to enter all the necessary info but in the field "name" there isn't even a little icon showing up.

So ... is that a bug or just not how "identites" are supposed to work?

1Password Version: 80700095
Extension Version: 2.3.5 Chrome and Firefox
OS Version: win 10 Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Comments

• ich
    ich
    Community Member

Ok ... I've just realised that it's somewhat working through opening the taskbar 1pw, clicking the identity and than autofill. Seems ... counterintuitve and is breaking the workflow. Afterall I dont need to open the extension for the other steps.

Anyways. In that case (douglas.de) autofill doesn't enter my birthdate

• @ichi

You're absolutely right, the best way to ensure a more comprehensive autofill experience with Identities is to do so from the pop-up and choosing Autofill from there. That said, I've been able to replicate the filling issue you mentioned with the birthdate. I've gone ahead and filed this for our development team, hopefully we can improve the behaviour in an upcoming release. I apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

ref: dev/core/core#15125

This discussion has been closed.