1Password browser plugin is overlapping other fields and I can't close it

Options

Hey guys, I have a really annoying issue with 1Password browser extension for Mac Safari. Sometimes 1Password "means" it has to propose a login or suggests to create a password. Or also It suggest to fill in password credentials. Consequence is the 1password overlaps other fields like captchas, fields for manual enter something. Here in this sample I can't see the captcha while typing the captcha. So what's missing is somehow a way to close 1password suggestions.

Same issue for credit cards that I can't get away the 1 Password window and can't see as this annoying window is overlapping something

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @telephoneman

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize for the disruption to your workflow here. By default, 1Password will expand the inline menu when you focus a field. If you want to minimize the window, you can quickly hit esc on your keyboard or click the 1Password icon in the field. This will hide the menu until you explicitly call it again, by clicking the icon again.

You can also change how 1Password behaves in the browser, by disabling the ability to automatically show the inline menu. However, this would change the behaviour you see on all the sites you visit. Let me know if you'd prefer that, and I'll be happy to share the steps.

• jarrettux
    jarrettux
    Community Member
    Options

I encounter this problem of the inline menu obscuring or interrupting other interactions all the time.

How do I disable the automatic showing of the inline menu you mention? I can't find an option in preferences for this. I would like to just see the 1Password icon at the end of the field, and clicking it bring up the inline menu. And I don't see any options on the plug-in either.

This discussion has been closed.