Shortcut cannot be set

Design
Design
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I want to set 1password shortcut for Firefox.
But, only the error "Alert" goes out.
Look attachment, it is helpless.

Mac OSX: 10.5.8
1Password: Version 3.0.4 (build 30477)

Please help this state.

Comments

• dteare
    edited December 1969
    Design wrote:
    I want to set 1password shortcut for Firefox.
    But, only the error "Alert" goes out.

I haven't seen this empty Alert window but the keyboard shortcut is indeed broken in the latest 1Password release. We will fix this in a future update.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Sorry I didn't see your post in time to welcome you to the forum sooner, Design.

Thanks for reporting this problem! As Dave says, keep an eye on this in a future release.
  • Design
    Design
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the response.

1Password is great application.
    When this problem is solved, I want to buy it.
  • Design
    Design
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hello, again.

It is not possible to do yet.
    http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?22145-Shortcut-cannot-be-set

But I registered 1Password.

I bought latest MacBook Pro yesterday.

Mac OSX: 10.6.3
    1Password: Version 3.1.1 (build 30625)

The same phenomenon occurs.

The user of the same situation was found on Twitter.
    He is Japanese too.
    In this error, is a Japanese keyboard a cause?

I want to use keyboard shortcut...
    Please.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    I'm sorry I don't have an update on this for you right now, Design. We'll need to investigate further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention again.
  • pingoo
    pingoo
    Community Member
    edited June 2010
    I had same errors. during the process of reinstalling Snow Leopard to my Macbook Pro (with US keyboard). I could avoid this problem by copying old configuration file but also I found how to solve it manually. Here's how.

Requirements:
    You need to install Developer Tools in advance. And it will be better to make a copy of configuration file

1) Quit all browsers.
    2) Start 1Password and remove browser plugins from Browsers tab in Preferences.
    3) Quit 1Password.
    4) Open ~/Library/Preferences/ws.agile.1Password.plist and Add configuration like an attached image.

5) Save configuration file.
    5) Start 1Password and install browser plugins.
    6) Start browsers and check that shortcuts are working.

In the image example, I set shortcuts like this:

Cmd + ' => Fill form
    Cmd + " => Go & Fill

If you want to change key bindings or if you are using other layout keyboard, you need to change keyChars and keyCharsIngoringModifiers to desired keycode. And also you need to set keyCode. I think it would be possible to add more modifiers not only Command-key but I don't know how to change modifierFlags and modifiers.

I guess that current (v 3.1.3) 1Password failed to insert these settings into .plist file. I couldn't find both 'ShortcutRecorder bookmarks' and 'ShortcutRecorder restoreForm' in newly created .plist file.

I hope it helps.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks, pingoo. Extra information is nearly always helpful in tracking down unexpected behavior, so your contribution is gratefully accepted!
  • JayBarcelo
    JayBarcelo
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I have this problem starting today. Did nothing to cause this. The Option Command \ stopped working and after 4 hours figuring out why, discovered in the 1Password preferences that Option Command \
    it's not assigned and can't assign it again.

3.1.3 on 10.6.3
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Jay

check in sys pref > keyboards > keyboard shortcuts > universal access > and see if image smoothing is turned on if so uncheck it and you then will be able to use the shortcut w/ 1p

Maybe you enabled UA for something like textexpander or such and it got turned on that way this one has gotten me on a few occasions.
  • JayBarcelo
    JayBarcelo
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    @thightower Thank You, that fixed the problem.
  • pingoo
    pingoo
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I found I need to terminate 1PaswordAgent to apply new shortcut configuration. I am not sure adding -9 option to kill command is best but I could work shortcuts by this way. Updated instructions are following.

1) Quit all browsers.
    2) Start 1Password and remove browser plugins from Browsers tab in Preferences.
    3) Quit 1Password.
    4) Open ~/Library/Preferences/ws.agile.1Password.plist
    5) Save configuration file.
    5) Start 1Password and install browser plugins.
    6) Kill ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordAgent from Terminal like this. ( If you could not understand this, logout or reboot is a better way )

$ ps auxww | grep -i '1password'
    pingoo 491 0.0 0.1 2749908 11608 ?? S 10:51AM 0:00.20 /Users/pingoo/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordAgent
    $ kill -9 491

7) Start browsers and check that shortcuts are working.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Please note that our current release is 3.2.1. If you find that the 1Password Preferences for the keyboard shortcuts cannot be set please let us know and tell us what version of OS X you are running, and which browser(s) don't respond to the shortcuts. Keep in mind also that other applications (or the OS) can "take over" keyboard shortcuts and from time to time you many need to choose different ones depending on the exact mixture of applications you have running on your system.
  • MoonyHart
    MoonyHart
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I got the same problem, but I found a workaround.

It seems that 1Password does not work well with Japanese Input sources like Kotoeri and Kawasemi. The solution is setting the keyboard shortcut with an input source "U.S." (System Preferences - Language and Text - Input Sources). After setting your shortcut, you can disable the input source.

The same problem happens with other applications like Divvy.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    MoonyHart wrote:
    I got the same problem, but I found a workaround.

It seems that 1Password does not work well with Japanese Input sources like Kotoeri and Kawasemi. The solution is setting the keyboard shortcut with an input source "U.S." (System Preferences - Language and Text - Input Sources). After setting your shortcut, you can disable the input source.

The same problem happens with other applications like Divvy.

Welcome to the forums, MoonyHart, and we really appreciate hearing about this workaround. It's always great when customers can help other customers by sharing.
  • Tats Shibata
    Tats Shibata
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I had the same problem but fixed it by the workaround. Thanks.
  • rob
    rob
    edited December 1969
    rewse wrote:
    I had the same problem but fixed it by the workaround. Thanks.

That's great to hear! Thanks for posting, rewse, and welcome to the forums!
This discussion has been closed.