Find the right account

Options
helmutmeisl
helmutmeisl
Community Member

I use my email address as the username for many apps and accounts. There are therefore many passwords for these accounts under the same email address. In order to find the right password, a tedious search is often necessary, since e.g. the name of the app is not included in the data stored by 1password. I would like to see an improvement here. Incidentally, the same problem also exists with the bunch of keys on the Mac or iPhone.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @helmutmeisl, thanks for this question.

I use my email address as the username for many apps and accounts. There are therefore many passwords for these accounts under the same email address. In order to find the right password, a tedious search is often necessary, since e.g. the name of the app is not included in the data stored by 1password.

I'd be happy to help with this. May I ask how you are naming the items? 1Password does search the title field, so for example let's say you had an item that looks like this:

1. Title field - Personal Email
    2. username - awesomename@emailservice.com
    3. password - npq5JTG2udv_fpn!xrh

You should be able to search "Personal Email", "awesomename", or the password to find the relevant item.

But if you're encountering situations where you can't find what you need, we of course want to understand what's happening so that we can help, whether through support here or by email, or through improvements to the app itself. Thanks again! 👋

This discussion has been closed.