1Password 8 Install Browser Extensions not working using Broswer option in 1P8 app

Options
amcd
amcd
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

I have MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 and a long standing 1P subscription...

I just installed 1Password 8

"Get 1Password For Your Browser' ....is a problem for both Safari 15.4 and Firefox 100.0

The 1P8 app opens a Webpage showing links for numerous browsers

1. Safari.... I was sent to the Apple App Store, then I installed "1Password for Safari.app" and followed the instructions.... BUT no Safari extension appeared within Safari>Preferences>Extensions

2. Firefox... I was sent to a Firefox website but it said that "you need to install Firefox" NB: (It was already installed)... I downloaded and reinstalled Firefox but the same problem persisted.

Please help ASAP

Many thanks amcd

Comments

• lysander
    lysander
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Refresh the Extensions

1. Close all open web browsers.
    2. Open the Terminal app on your Mac:
    3. Paste the following into Terminal and then press enter to run the command:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

1. Open Safari and try to enable 1Password for Safari again.
  • gandert
    gandert
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue and this solution worked for me. Thank you.

• Glad to hear this helped in your case, @gandert!

@amcd, does this issue still persist for you?

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member
    Options

Yes issue still persists. I did not try the Teminal workaround at the moment as there are a few other issues I am seeing with 1P8; one example is "Open and FIll" not working. I am in direct touch with 1P support and trying resolve all problems.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@amcd

I'm sorry to hear that you're still seeing the issue. I do indeed see that you're working with my colleague over email and I recommend continuing the conversation there so that we can get you up and running again. I'm closing this thread to prevent duplication of effort. 🙂

ref: FKM-57217-941

This discussion has been closed.