Unable to open GA after uninstalling beta

I was on the beta channel and would like to go to the GA builds. I uninstalled 7 and 8 beta. I installed via the installer and homebrew the latest bits. However when I open the app, I get

You’ve used a newer version of 1Password on this device. Update to the latest version to keep using 1Password. Contact support@1password.com if you need help.

Any advice?

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.0

Comments

• rshilliam1
    rshilliam1
    Community Member

Same here. Re-installed the beta which is still working fine.

• amolinari
    amolinari
    Community Member

same here

• jerich
    jerich
    Community Member

I receive this info in the similar situation a couple of days ago:

This issue can occur if you've used the nightly version of 1Password 8 and then tried to switch to the beta or production version. The Nightly version uses an updated database format that isn't yet compatible with the production version. The following steps will reset 1Password 8's data on your Mac so that 1Password 8 can download a fresh copy of your data from 1Password.com

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
      Verify that you can see all of your items in the browser. If there is anything missing then stop here and let me know.

2. Download and save the Emergency Kit for your account: Get to know your Emergency Kit

3. Reset 1Password 8 for Mac by opening terminal and then running the following command:

mv /Users/MACUSERACCOUNT/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/1password.sqlite /Users/MACUSERACCOUNT/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/1password-old.sqlite

Replace MACUSERACCOUNT with the name of your Mac user profile in both places in the command

1. Add your 1Password account back to the 1Password for Mac app.
  • Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2022

Hey, thanks for sharing that, @jerich. I'd recommend a minor modification to the command you posted:

mv ~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/1password.sqlite ~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/1password-old.sqlite

With that, the customer shouldn't have to make any changes to the command before running it.

Ben

• danielwhite
    danielwhite
    Community Member

@ben is that the app id for 1password 8 only? or does that include 7?

• @danielwhite

1Password 8 stores its data separately from 1Password 7.

Ben

• danielwhite
    danielwhite
    Community Member

thanks all - im daily driving 8

This discussion has been closed.