Git bash always wants windows hello authentication

davidsass
davidsass
Community Member

Hi,

today I've started to use the great ssh feature of 1password. When I use the git fetch command the terminal asks the credentials (windows hello) then when I want to use the git fetch again the terminal again wants me to authenticate myself (the situation is the same for all commands which want to use my key).

With powershell there is no "problem" with this, that does work in the expected way (I authenticate myself for the first git fetch and the second does not ask auth again).

Could you please help me why the git bash does not work as the same way like the powershell?

Thank you in advance,
DS

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1586)

Comments

• floris_1P
    edited March 2022

Thanks for reporting this, we'll investigate! We shouldn't need your consent for every single command you execute.

Which Git Bash version are you on?

• davidsass
    davidsass
    Community Member

and the PowerShell version is 7.2.1 but it works as expected in cmd as well.

• datwaft
    datwaft
    Community Member

I don't know if I should open a new discussion about this, but this is also happening to me with Pop!_OS. If I execute ssh -T git@github.com multiples times without delay between each execution my password is requested each time.

• davidsass
    davidsass
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Hi,

in the meantime I've also contacted their support.

The issue is still under investigation, I hope it can be fixed but they will notify me after a deeper investigation:)

Thank you Everyone

• Correct, we're working on a fix for Git Bash. We'll update this thread once it's fixed.

@datwaft For the Pop!_OS case, it would help a lot if you could provide us with an SSH diagnostics report.

• datwaft
    datwaft
    Community Member

@datwaft For the Pop!_OS case, it would help a lot if you could provide us with an SSH diagnostics report.

I am currently using Windows 11 because of a bug I had in which my networking card was not detected on any Linux distro but was detected on Windows 11, so it would be hard to provide that diagnostics report.

When I fix that issue with Linux I will open a new thread and provide the diagnostics report.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

This discussion has been closed.