Use different accounts for the family

Options
tfabacher
tfabacher
Community Member

I have a family account used by four people. I am a 1Password 8 Mac user.
I want each person to be able to use and only see their passwords in their own vault with no access to anyone else.
The one exception is me as the main user. I want to see only my passwords, and then have access to any in the family when needed.
All four have their own vault but we can all see each others vault. How do I set this up to do what I want? Thanks

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: mac os 12.3.1

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

@tfabacher By default each family member has their own Private vault. The items in this vault are not visible to anyone else, even the family organiser. So I guess you must have already created shared vaults for each family member.

If you are the only family organiser then you can restrict access to each shared vault to one family member. If in the future you need access to any of those vaults then you can give yourself access at that time.

https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/

• ag_tommy
    Options

@tfabacher

Something we see from time it time is you might have signed all users into the same account. Thus the ability to view all the passwords. Make sure you have created a user account inside the family for each of the other users. Let us know if you have questions.

Add and remove family members

To add family members to your account:

1. Click Invitations in the sidebar.
    2. Click Invite by Email and enter their email address.
    3. Click Invite.

Each family member you invite will receive their own Secret Key and create their own account password to use on their devices. After each account is set up, you’ll receive an email notification. Click the link in the email to confirm each account.

• tfabacher
    tfabacher
    Community Member
    Options

This is what I have done and what I have now fixed, Thanks

• ag_tommy
    Options

Sounds good. If you have any other questions we'll be here to help. Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.