instead of the regular keystroke there are two work at once

Options
tgamank
tgamank
Community Member

Hello! The new 1password 8 is wonderful, but I have a problem: for searching in the app, instead of the regular keystroke two work at once: The regular "Shift Command Space" provided for this, but unfortunately also additionally the combination "Command #". But the latter is also an important shortcut in one of my daily work programs, and I can't change it there either. I could change the regular command in the 1Password settings, but how can I eliminate this additional command in 1Password, invisible there?

Thomas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @Tgamank, thank you for this question. I'd like to look into this further for you.

Are you using a German keyboard layout, by any chance?

ref: dev/core/core#15174

• tgamank
    tgamank
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply, you are right, I am using the German keyboard layout and I realize now that the keystroke that is causing me an error is actually created in the English layout. Where Control-\ is in English, Control-# is in German. So with the new 1Password Quick Access, the keyboard conversion doesn't work (yet?). Best regards Thomas

• Hi @tgamank, thank you for this reply. Exactly! I do apologize about this issue.

We recently released Universal Autofill on the Mac, which uses command + \ or command + # (depending on your keyboard layout). The issue is that currently 1Password struggles with displaying the correct character automatically when using a non-US keyboard layout. We are working to solve this.

For now though, there is a way you can assign the correct shortcuts. Here's what to do:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Select your account on the left side, then Preferences
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Re-assign all the shortcuts you see (or you can click the x to remove the shortcut entirely).

Once you have done that, 1Password should no longer conflict with that other program. I'll look forward to hearing how this goes, and we will do our best to implement a more permanent solution on our side!

This discussion has been closed.