Features Request: Create Masked Email as separate item

Options

I'd like to have "Create Masked Email" using the "New item" button. Why?
There are sites, for example this very community, where the 1Password button is not displayed in form fields, in my case it was not visible in the "Change Email" dialog.
Being able to still generate a masked email would be very hand, because otherwise the workflow would be:

• open Fastmail.com
  • go to settings
  • create masked email
  • add note where the masked email was used
  • copy the email to the clipboard
  • click "Save"
  • paste it on the site

So this feature would save a lot of clicks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner, thanks for this suggestion. I take your point about the alternative workflow!

I have passed this on to our development team as a feature request, on your behalf. Thanks again for showing us the potential for benefit that you see here - and we hope to keep impressing you!

ref: IDEA-I-449

• jswright61
    jswright61
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to +1 this request.
    There are many sites with an email field on a form on which I see the 1Password icon, but clicking it does not give me the option to create a masked email - the ability to quickly create one would be very helpful.

• Hello @jswright61 👋.. I'm more than happy to add a vote on your behalf for this feature, and have now done so. Thanks for letting us know where you think we can improve the functionality for you. And if there's anything else we can do, let us know!

• KyleRuder
    KyleRuder
    Community Member
    Options

Tagging along to also +1 this! I would love to be able to create a new Masked Email from the Mac App without having to go through an account signup workflow.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• Hi @KyleRuder and @chris55, it's my pleasure to add votes on your behalf for this feature request. Thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like us to develop. 🙏

• julianwilliams
    julianwilliams
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me too. Glad I came here first before I posted a repeat feature request. Basically would be great to be able to generate a masked email as simply as generating a password for those very cases where Masked Email isn't an option.

On a side note, not sure if it is just the way some sites are built and 1Password can't detect the fields correctly, but in lots of cases the 1Password icon appears in the field but does nothing, it would be nice if clicking on that icon also invoked Generate Masked email and even Generate Password.

• Evenprimes
    Evenprimes
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me too. Like @julianwilliams mentioned, there are sites that seem to be... poorly designed and don't allow our regular account creation flows. :)

• ctry
    ctry
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me, this would be very helpful! Currently trialing 1Password as a replacement for Bitwarden, and I like the way they have masked email generation integrated into the password generator pane, so you can quickly create one from anywhere

This discussion has been closed.