Firefox Addon - Relogin too often

Options
kheldar
kheldar
Community Member

Hello,

I'm using the addon for Firefox. I set it up to require entering password every 3 hours but I don't ever want re-enter the password. Is there a way to disable this and keep me logged in all the time? Additionally, I'm even required to enter the secret key and login from scratch every couple of days. How I can change this behaviour?

Comments

• AliH1P
    Options

Hey @kheldar, I understand how it can be frustrating to always have to input your full secret key and password. Do you have your browser configured to clear all cookies and local data when you close it? Logging in without having to input your full secret key relies on that data being kept around.

Regarding your auto-lock settings, are you using 1Password in your browser as a standalone or do you have it integrated with 1Password for Windows? If it's the latter, you can manage your auto-lock settings in the 1Password app and set "Lock after the system is idle" option to never. Let me know how that goes!

Ali

• kheldar
    kheldar
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. I've already set it up like that. However, the autolock option doesn't let me select 'never' as value in my profile on the website. the max is 300 minutes. I want it to set to never.

• ag_mike_d
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @Kheldar! Thanks for getting back to us. When using 1Password in the browser in a standalone manner, there is not an option to select never for the auto-lock timer.

I'd suggest, using the following steps to ensure that app integration is enabled.
    1. Open your browser, right-click the 1Password icon in the address bar, and choose Settings.
    1. Under the General heading, enable Integrate with 1Password app.

Then, from within the 1Password 8 for Windows app, you can go to Settings Ctrl + Comma (,) > Security and adjust the "Lock after the system is idle for" to never, as depicted below:

Does this work for you?

This discussion has been closed.