Getting BETA update while 1P is set to Production channel.

I'm using 1P v8. After V8 was officially released I changed to the Production release channel.
But today I checked for updates and another BETA version was installed. Is there something else I need to do in Preferences/Advanced so I'll stop receiving BETA updates?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 80800021, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022

@ozarkcanoer

A new production release has not been released since you made the change. I would anticipate you continuing to receive beta updates so you're not left on an older build. Once a new production build is released I'd expect you to move over to it. I'm afraid I do not have a time frame for the next production release. My apologies for that.

Happy canoeing!

• ozarkcanoer
    ozarkcanoer
    Community Member

Thanks. Will resume patience. I find V8 fine for my uses. Have used 1P for about 12-15 years.

• Thank you for your long-time support of 1Password, @ozarkcanoer! We're thrilled. Should you have any issues moving over to the next Production release (when it comes), let us know and we'll be happy to provide customized support. 👍

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member

Same problem here, After my bad Nightly Build experience in this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/129829/nightly-build-1p8-not-syncing-correctly-with-other-devices#latest

I reverted to Production Release 1P8 using method in this thread:https://1password.community/discussion/129438/my-1p8-beta-not-updating-to-1p8-release-version#latest

All seemed well and I checked VERY CAREFULLY that Prefs > Advanced said "Production Channel" after doing it.

Today I saw the '1P will update on restart' message, so before restarting I again checked the pref setting. Still said "Production".

Did the restart and am now on Nightly Build 8.8.0 80800091.

Prefs > Advanced still says "Production".

I guess the instructions I linked to aren't sufficient...there must be another prefs file needs deleting, But if that is the case why did the app report that it was on 'Production" update in Prefs> Advanced?

• RichieB
    RichieB
    Community Member

I experienced the same thing as @mikebore described: I manually downgraded to 8.7.0 PRODUCTION channel but got pushed a new 8.8.0 BETA anyway. Not a great experience trying to switch to the 1Password 8 production version so far.. I will think twice before using a 1Password BETA again.

• nbara
    nbara
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue. I would like to switch to the Production channel, but I keep getting the Beta updates... Can someone please help?

• @nbara

You would continue to get beta updates until a newer production channel version is released. Assumes you were trying to move from beta to production currently.

It would be my best recommendation to set your channel to production and wait for the next production release. You likely are already experiencing many improvements from the beta. Once that newer release happens you'll be switched over to that version and will no longer receive beta updates.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.