Can I add 1Password for another user on the same computer?

Options
MrLibraryMan
MrLibraryMan
Community Member

I used Migration Assistant to copy my old Mac's hard drive (including 1Password) onto my new Mac's HD. Since I'm keeping my username on my old Mac where 1Password also resides, can my wife now have access to our shared use of 1Password under her username on the old Mac?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @MrLibraryMan! 👋

If you have a 1Password account then you can use 1Password on all of your family's devices, there's no limit on the number of devices. Are you and your wife sharing a 1Password individual account or do you have separate accounts through a 1Password Families membership?

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• MrLibraryMan
    MrLibraryMan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Dave, for the very quick response! My wife and I share the same individual account since we shared the same computer.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@MrLibraryMan

Thank you for the reply. You can certainly use your 1Password individual account to both your new Mac and on your wife's old Mac at the same time. 1Password will make sure that any updates made on one Mac will show up instantly on the other Mac. Let me know if you run into any issues.

We also offer 1Password Families which is an easier way to share 1Password with your family: About 1Password Families

I hope that helps. 😊

This discussion has been closed.