Integration for custom browsers

lovestudykid
lovestudykid
Community Member

I use self-built chromium browser. I always know 1Password cannot connect to chromium since it's not signed. However,

1. https://1password.community/discussion/120954/how-the-browser-integration-works This post mentioned about custom_allowed_browsers. Does it mean you can connect to any browsers on Linux? Will this come to Mac/Windows?

2. I fail to see how not allowing connection makes 1Password safer. You can use the browser extension on its own anyway. If the browser is compromised, you passwords are compromised anyway, no matter you allow connection to desktop app or not.

All in all, I want to unlock 1Password in my chromium with fingerprints.

1Password Version: 7.9.4
Extension Version: 2.2.0
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• Hello @lovestudykid,

Yes, we do have a plan for Mac and Windows users to freely select the browser they want to work with 1Password instead of waiting for us to update code signature. However, I don't have an ETA for this feature at the moment, so please be patient and stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

• skulley
    skulley
    Community Member

Just want to chime in here to ask if this is possible on MacOS yet? I'm using build of chromium as well and the 1password extension is not integrating with the 1password app. Thanks.

• nifury
    nifury
    Community Member

Windows user here, and I'd really love to see 1Password supporting Chromium. It's a PITA to type in my long and tedious master password every time I restart the browser. I've been waiting for this feature for years!

• lovestudykid
    lovestudykid
    Community Member

Any update on this issue?

• odedlaz
    odedlaz
    Community Member

Any updates here? almost a year has passed. I’m using a chromium-based browser and unable to integrate… please respond @Nhat_Nguyen

• No, not at this time. Perhaps that will change in the future. My apologies, that I do not have anything concrete to share with you.

This discussion has been closed.