quick question about windows hello support

Options
klepp0906
klepp0906
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Windows

i've been using it to great effect alongside a rudimentary fingerprint scanner and i prefer it for its convenience if nothing else. that being said, i was entertaining replacing the fingerprint scanner with a better version which as such costs a fair bit more.

at that point i realized that a step beyond that convenience wise would be using windows hello face and simply buying one of those fancy shmancy cameras that work with it. (unsure if its more secure but id like to think)

either way, i presume those cameras can serve double duty and act as a plain-jane webcam and since i dont have one it would be killing two birds with one stone.

does 1password support windows hello "face" as opposed to windows hello using the fingerprint scanner or is it limited to fingerprints only?

if it does not, that nixes the whole idea entirely of course. figured id ask before i spend >100 on a camera.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @klepp0906:

Great question! Unlocking 1Password with Windows Hello works great with any device that is exposed as a Windows Hello authentication method. Assuming the camera you're looking at mentions supporting Windows Hello, you should be all set! I personally have a Windows Hello webcam hooked up to my computer, and it works great as both a regular webcam and for unlocking my computer and 1Password. 😁

Jack

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member
    Options

thanks jack, exactly the info I was looking for. Going to try to find one that supports windows hello with IR for low-light etc. hopefully it functions as consistently and quickly/seamlessly as faceID does on ios.

• Glad this answer was helpful for you, @klepp0906. We wish you good luck on your fancy webcam quest!

This discussion has been closed.