Community Member

🤪 HELP Android 12 Xperia XQ BT52
Thanks

Comments

• Maxton
    Maxton
    Community Member

First Time ever I have a problem with 1P on Android 🤪

• Hello @Maxton, thanks for joining us on the forum! I'm sorry to hear 1Password quits after unlocking.

If you reached out to us via email, lets continue the conversation there. If you're still running into problems with 1Password quitting could you let us know a little more about what steps lead up to this action? Thanks again!

• Maxton
    Maxton
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

Tanks for reaching out. Meantime, Customer support gave me the solution and here it is :

I haven't been able to track down the crash report yet but they can take some time to become available to us. While we keep an eye for that to come in, I'd like to ask you to check your app access for 1Password:

Open the settings app on your device.
    1. Tap apps.
    2. Tap special app access.
    3. Tap alarms and reminders.
    4. Tap 1Password.
    5. If off, tap allow setting alarms and reminders on.
    If that setting was off, does turning it on allow you to open 1Password without crashing?

Now the remaining questions are :
    1. Is it normal that because of a specific parameter setting, 1P would crash on unlocking ?
    2. What kind of "alarms and remainders" does 1P generate ?

Thanks again for reaching out :-)

• Hi @Maxton I'm glad we were able to help with a solution and thanks for sharing it here!

1Password uses these permissions for the timed lock function of the app to work correctly in some instances. If permission is removed, 1Password for Android should not crash. This issue seems to only affect Android 12 users but but not all Android 12 users who turn it off. We have an open issue for this bug and it's something we're continuing to investigate.

Thanks again! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

ref: android-1502

This discussion has been closed.