Firefox 98 on macOS: clicking 1Password icon never resolves to password prompt

Options

When I click 1P icon to unlock in Firefox, the password prompt never appears (spin, spin, spin…). If I click then click away then click icon again I get the prompt.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.2
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• jeliker
    jeliker
    Community Member
    Options

It's not just Firefox, Safari as well.

• Hi @jeliker:

This definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when using 1Password in your browser. Just as a quick first step, can you restart your Mac? Let me know if that improves the state of play for you.

Jack

• jeliker
    jeliker
    Community Member
    Options

I've restarted a number of times for various reasons and the problem persists even with the 2.3.3. version of browser extension. I checked just today and see the same: click icon to "unlock" and I get spinning "Loading...." It's to the point now where I click, click, click to show, hide, show again where I can enter my password to unlock.

I'll keep watching for some pattern but seems to be after each time it auto-locks and it's per browser (all browsers have the same after I return following an auto-lock span of time or event).

• @jeliker

That definitely doesn't sound right. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you to grab some diagnostics for us, so that we can have a deeper look:

Send the log and diagnostics to us at support+x@1password.com with a link to this discussion. One of our team members will have a look and see if we can remedy things for you.

• jeliker
    jeliker
    Community Member
    Options

Sent

This discussion has been closed.