To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Indian Govt has restricted recurring subscriptions using credit card

anjanesh
anjanesh
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Memberships

(Your subscription payment failed)
My still valid credit card failed to auto-renew. This is probably because the Indian Govt has restricted recurring subscriptions using credit card.
Is there a way to make a one-time purchase for a year or more ? That will work, but recurring won't.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• J_O_D
    J_O_D
    Community Member

I would suggest canceling your subscription in 1Password account (Unsubscribe button in Billing section) and let it expire - this will only turn your account into read-only mode, so you will not lose access to your data. And, of course, you can then subscribe again and pay again for next year. And you can cancel the subscription e. g. next day.

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member

I don't see this a viable solution - is there no way 1Password can give me a invoice for 3 yrs to pay one-time upfront ? This way I don't have to deal with recurring payment for the next 3 years. Or something on the lines of website credit / cash which I can deposit to the website like the way Apple India now does (and so does Amazon India).

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Maybe you can use 1Password Digital Gift Cards?

https://1password.com/giftcards/

• Hi folks,

We're unable to offer subscription terms longer than 1 year, however as XIII mentioned we do sell some larger gift cards where a single purchase can potentially be used to cover multiple years of service.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

But please keep in mind that Gift Cards can only be used for accounts on 1Password.com! They can’t be applied to accounts on 1Password.ca or 1Password.eu!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

But please keep in mind that Gift Cards can only be used for accounts on 1Password.com! They can’t be applied to accounts on 1Password.ca or 1Password.eu!

True, but I assumed (...) that most people from India will use .com rather than .ca or .eu.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Only wanted to mention... 😘

• anjanesh
    anjanesh
    Community Member

Thanks - I used the gift card option - but I would suggest 1Password integrate with Indian payment systems like NetBanking pre-paid for one year which is more popular here than credit card - even Udemy has NetBanking option.

• Thanks for the input @anjanesh. 😃

Ben

• T007
    T007
    Community Member

I'm facing a similar issue on my renewal. is there any update on this integration?

• @T007

Not that I am aware of. A gift card would likely be the best option. That said, I am not part of the billing team. At the very minimum I would reach out to them and let them know this is an important consideration for you.

support+forum@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.