Since I started using 1P for GitHub SSH, every 2-5 min it asks permission for bash to use GitHub pwd

manach
manach
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

Hi! Newbie here so I apologize in advance if I'm asking a dumb question.

Like the title says, since I started using 1P CLI for GitHub ssh, a popup appears every 2-5 min that says: "1Password is trying to allow "bash" to use the key "Github" for SSH", with "Cancel" and "Allow" buttons. I've tried both (it wore me down after a while) and neither have any appreciable effect.

I am new enough to not know how to track down a potentially-rogue bash script on my machine, so I've looked the other way: I checked my sessions and scrolled through my activity log on GitHub. There was an existing session that seemed suspicious at first (enough that I changed my pwd and turned on mfa) but on examination was just me using my mobile for a zettelkasten I keep on GH. And an attempted login from Ukraine on April 1 :D Everything else is fine.

Any advice as to how to proceed?

Thanks for your time.

(1P cli version 2.1.0)

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1

Comments

• manach
    manach
    Community Member

Edit: I should add that it only does this while I'm working in a terminal.

• Hi @manach,

are you still encountering this issue? If so, could you try updating to the latest version of the 1Password app? Please let us know if the issue still occurs after updating.

This discussion has been closed.