Can not scroll when creating new item

Options
1password4thewin
1password4thewin
Community Member

Noticed this issue since the beginning of the pre-release, when creating a new item, it isn't enabling scroll within the new item modal after adding more input fields that exceeded the height of the modal.

the walkaround is to resize the app window height to reveal the rest of the field below the fold. But would be good if we can simply scroll down.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.3.1 (21E258)

Comments

• Hello @1password4thewin, thanks for sharing this. 👋

I have tried to reproduce this issue, but so far haven't been able to. When I create a new item and add more fields until they exceed the heigh of the window, the scroll bar expands to fit the new size of the item. So now I'm even more curious about what you're experiencing!

Are you able to share a screenshot or gif of the issue with us at support@1Password.com? We'll be happy to check it out and of course to file an issue with our developers to fix anything that's not right. Thank you again for letting us know!

• 1password4thewin
    1password4thewin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Peter for the prompt reply, kudo to the support team :)

i tried again to suss out the issue which i found the following:
    1. Mac auto hide scroll bar setting which seem to also not enabling the scroll by default after no. of field exceeded the height of the modal, until moving the mouse over to the side of the modal to reveal the scroll bar, then i can scroll
    2. i also noticed that as long as the focus is on once of the field, the scroll of the overall modal will be disabled. i think that's also one of the reasons that causing the issue.

So yes i think the scroll bar does fit to the no. of item added, but coz of the reasons above, it doesn't allowing the scroll behaviour work as expected.

Hope this helps to further identify the issue.

• Hi @1password4thewin:

By any chance do you happen to use a Logitech mouse, like the MX Master? Let me know!

Jack

• 1password4thewin
    1password4thewin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Yes i'm using Logitech MX Master 3

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

@1password4thewin

Thank you for the reply. I have seen reports of this happening with some Logitech mice and it looks like the issue is involved with how the Logitech mouse is interacting with Secure Input. Secure Input is part of macOS and is used by 1Password when you edit an item to make sure that what you type into 1Password is secure and won't be intercepted by other applications.

Another user reported a workaround in the second-to-last post in this thread on our community forum which might be helpful in your case as well: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/557026/#Comment_557026

I hope that helps. 😊

• 1password4thewin
    1password4thewin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P

Thanks for sharing, that's very helpful indeed. I'll give it a try.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@1password4thewin

Sounds good, let me know if the suggestion from the other thread doesn't resolve the issue and I'll be happy to help further. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.