OS Authentication window is inaccessible when authenticating

fullclip
fullclip
Community Member

I'm running Pop!_os 22.04 and there is an issue with 1password and the "system authentication service", where if I click the browser extension whilst 1password is locked, and it opens up the OS authentication window for me to put my OS account password in, i cannot type the password in. I also cannot close/escape it, I'm completely locked out of my computer and have to hold the power button in to reboot.

I can see the apps behind the login window are running fine (this happened whilst on a video call), it just seems to be some kind of z-index issue or something.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Pop!_os 22.04

Comments

• Hey, @fullclip! So happens that I run Pop! as my daily driver at work and just recently managed to make it to 22.04 LTS after a brief battle with the updater. Originally I couldn't reproduce this because I use Brave as my work browser, but lo and behold I do see this in Firefox. I'm going to work with our development teams to get a bug filed with the right folks, but in the meantime I noticed that I do not have this issue if I use the keyboard shortcut to summon 1Password instead of clicking the extension icon. In Firefox, that'll be Ctrl + . by default. Give that a go and see if it saves you a reboot.

• fullclip
    fullclip
    Community Member

Hey @bundtkate

Sorry, I should have said what browser I was using, but that didn't dawn on me to do so, doh!

Thanks so so much for reproducing the issue and for filing the bug.

Pop! rocks!

• No worries at all, @fullclip! Honest, I think it's generally safe to assume most Linux users are Firefox folk, but it so happens we have a few internal tools that work best in Chromium-based browsers so I get to be the weirdo. 😉 Either way, I got there so all good. Here's hoping it can be sorted quickly and, in the interim, I sincerely hope that keyboard shortcut does the trick for you too. 🤞

• fullclip
    fullclip
    Community Member

Tbh, that keyboard shortcut didn't seem to work very consistently when I was on 20.10, so I'd stopped using it, but, I'll give it another go!

Thanks @bundtkate !!

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022

Thanks for giving it a try, @fullclip. We look forward to hearing how it goes!

ref: dev/core/core#15332

This discussion has been closed.