Hide vault and set default vault in 1Password 8

Options
jona_l
jona_l
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Mac

Hi,

in 1Password 7 it was possible to hide a vault (I hope it's called like that, I don't use the english version) so it disappears from the "show all vaults" and it was possible to define a default vault where to store new items.

In 1Password 8 that's not possible anymore (or at least I can't find that option after trying to right click literally everything in the app).
In the chrome extension it's still possible although 1Password 8 is already installed on that Mac.

Any way to do this? If not, please bring it back, it was a really helpful feature!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• kevin.li
    Options

Hi @jona_l,

I'm sorry about the confusion you had with the vault view change.

Happily, we are introducing the "Collections" in 1Password 8 for better management. Here's a detailed guide on how to use collections to create custom groups of vaults

The "Collections" feature is extremely useful when you have multiple 1Password accounts. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• jona_l
    jona_l
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!
    I will look into collections.
    But some questions about that:
    How does it work/ will it work in the chrome extension? Because that seems to be at the feature set of 1Pw 7.
    What will happen with a teams account when some user stay at 1Pw 7 and some upgrade to 8? How are colletions displayed below V8?

Default vault or default collection would still be a good thing to have. Somehow possible?

• ag_tommy
    Options

@jona_l

Hopefully, you'll find the saving vault in 1Password in the browser as helpful as I did. Let me know if this helps.

1. Right click on the icon in the browser toolbar.
    2. Select settings.
    3. Select the vault you wish to be default. aka Save new items in.

• jona_l
    jona_l
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy I do, but as I said before: Yes this is in the extension, but in the app this option is gone since version 8

• ag_tommy
    Options

Doh. I had previously shared your request with the team. Sorry for failing to mention that.

ref: IDEA-I-292

• jona_l
    jona_l
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much! Any other things I have to take care of? As mentioned above, when some users on the team stick to V7 and other upgrade to 8?

• Hey @jona_l:

Great question. Collections will only be visible in 1Password 8, and won't show in 1Password 7.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.