1Password Version: 8.7.0 80700095
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1
Referrer: forum-search:Search

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

Sadly this is a well known problem of 1PW8‘s new search. It doesn‘t support substring search. The developers are ‚evaluating‘ solutions… without any visible progress for months…

• Hi @FlintyLemming, thank you for sharing this issue.

The search feature is indeed an area of ongoing work for us here, and what you've encountered is a limitation of our current approach. We want to make sure that search will perform as optimally as possible across many languages, but we recognize that there are cases like these where it could be better.

Meanwhile, there should still be a way to find this item using just the "QTS" part of its name:

1. Open 1Password 8 for Mac as usual.
    2. Select All Items.
    3. Press command - option - F (⌥⌘F)
    4. Type in "QTS"

This will filter your whole list of items so that only those containing "QTS" remain.

I hope this is helpful, and thank you for letting us know of your experience.

• janHappy
    janHappy
    Community Member

This is why I downgraded to 1Pw 7 after 2 minutes using the new search.
    Please bring back the old search 👍

• I'm sorry we let you down janHappy. Hopefully this is something the team can improve on. As someone who searches by really weird strings, I'll be sure to continue advocating for this.

• Hi @janHappy / @FlintyLemming:

We've made some improvements to search in our latest nightly (80901013) that you may like:

Let me know what you think!

Jack

• FlintyLemming
    FlintyLemming
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Thanks a lot!!!

• You're very welcome @FlintyLemming!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.