To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Help getting started

Options
RTS1TJS3
RTS1TJS3
Community Member

I just installed 1Password on my iphone and Chromebook. I have about 100 passworded accounts which I would like to go through and have 1Password generate and store new passwords for each account. Is there a way to pull up a list of all accounts with passwords? Is there a way to easily use 1Password to change and store new passwords? How do I get started?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @RTS1TJS3

That is awesome to hear you have installed 1Password, and we are glad to have you on board.

Is there a way to pull up a list of all accounts with passwords?

1Password cannot automatically pull a list of all of your accounts. You will need to add all accounts in question to 1Password.

Is there a way to easily use 1Password to change and store new passwords?

The easiest way to store/change passwords for your various accounts is to install the 1Password in the browser extension within your default browser.

How do I get started?

If you have not already, I recommend that you take a look at our getting started guides. They are very helpful and show you how to take advantage of the awesome features 1Password offers.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• RTS1TJS3
    RTS1TJS3
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password installed in my browser. It doesn't seem to be automatically generating passwords for me which is one big reason I bought it.

Also, I Googled whether it will work on my Windows 7 system and the answer said Windows 10 or higher. Yet there seems to be a version for 7. So, can you provide clarification?

Finally, I looked at some getting started guides and really didn't find them helpful. Is there any kind of user's manual I can download?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @RTS1TJS3 !

I have 1Password installed in my browser.

Which extension did you install and in which browser? Did you read the following article?
    Get started with 1Password in your browser
    I think it should get you an overview of the functionality of the extension.

Yet there seems to be a version for 7. So, can you provide clarification?

The new version 8 of 1Password for Windows does in fact require Windows 10 or Windows 11 x64. On Windows 7 you could use the older version 7. But please keep in mind that version 7 is no longer under active development and will only receive important security updates!
    Download 1Password 7 for Windows

Is there any kind of user's manual I can download?

No, there isn't any manual. There are a lot of guides / articles which should help. Maybe this could help?
    Get to know 1Password for Windows

• ag_tommy
    Options

Thanks DenalB

@RTS1TJS3

Let us know if you have other questions.

This discussion has been closed.