Unable to add file to Secure Note on Windows / Ios possible

Options
Zayatoshi
Zayatoshi
Community Member

Hello.
I use 1password on IOS and on Windows.
Under IOS in a secure note, it is possible to attach a file (of any kind) and attach it to the secure note. Just click on attach file.
Under windows (chrome / firefox...), in a secure note, it is impossible to add a file. The threshold possibility that I found is to add a document.. But in no case to add a file to a secure note. I find it rather annoying when this possibility exists in IOS. Have I missed something and is it possible to add a file to a secure note on Windows as on IOS please?
Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: 2.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Zayatoshi !

Under windows (chrome / firefox...)

Are you talking about 1Password for Windows or the 1Password browser extension?

If you are using the browser extension only, then you are redirected to your account on 1Password.com for editing an entry. And here it is actually not able to add documents to a secure note.

But if you would use 1Password 8 for Windows and enable integration of the 1Password app in the browser extension, 1Password for Windows would be used to edit entries. And here you would be able to add documents to a secure note.

Maybe this could help a bit?
    Get to know 1Password for Windows

• Zayatoshi
    Zayatoshi
    Community Member
    Options

thank's for your reply.

• Thank you for this, @denalb - we appreciate it!

Hello @Zayatoshi, just to check - were you able to upload the file using 1Password for Windows, as denalb described? We'll be happy to help if you encounter any issues.

This discussion has been closed.