Watchtower is confusing

Options
skatch
skatch
Community Member

The new Watchtower is confusing. Or maybe some of these things are bugs:

• overall score: mine says “very good” and is a nice deep green, same as the green indicating a great password. but the arrow points to the middle of the meter. so i’m confused if “very good” actually means average in this context? (i have no idea what scale the number is out of, so the number just adds to my confusion.)

• password strength bar: i clicked on the red section to see the “11 terrible passwords” that need fixing and ended up in a confusing place.

• initially i thought some of my good passwords had been hacked because they showed first in the list i was looking at. after a minute, i realized it’s showing all my logins, not just the 11 i wanted to see. and it's sorted to show the most secure at the top of the list, confusingly.
    • also: when drilling down to view any of the categories in the watchtower dashboard, “Watchtower” is no longer selected in the sidebar. it’s not clear where, exactly, i am in the app.
  • and a bit of subjective feedback on the overall score meter: the animation is nice but it goes on too long

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @skotch:

Thanks for your feedback on Watchtower! In short, higher is better, and the needle will always point up, with the gradient rotating around it as your score changes.

As for Watchtower not scrolling to the weak password category and not staying selected in the sidebar, these are both something we're tracking, and hope to have sorted out soon. I've added you as affected, so please keep an eye out for updates!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#14056
    ref: dev/core/core#14254

This discussion has been closed.