Neither 1password desktop nor Firefox extension will launch on Windows 10

Options
themarquee
themarquee
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Windows

Hello,

I recently got a new Windows 10 machine for work. I installed 1password 8 and the firefox extension and all was well for a week or so. Last week, 1password desktop stopped loading (loads in system tray and then disappears) and clicking the browser extension button presents a loading window for several seconds and then disappears. The only way it will work is if I log into 1password.com via the web page, then oddly the pages will autocomplete.

It looks very similar to this closed issue: https://1password.community/discussion/113718/1password-not-launching-windows-10

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I moved the app folder out of local data to my desktop and it still does not launch properly. I did see some entries in the Windows event log that I could share.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Marc

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (build 19044.1645)

Comments

• themarquee
    themarquee
    Community Member
    Options

If I uninstall the desktop app then the Firefox Extension works again. Not ideal, but workable until the desktop app is fixed.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @themarquee !

Maybe you want to try 8.8.0-21 beta build? You can read in the changelog that problems with the detection of the Firefox extension were fixed. (1Password for Windows Beta)

To install the latest beta build, you could switch into the beta channel in the settings of 1Password for Windows.

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @themarquee, I'm sorry to learn of this issue! This definitely is the kind of thing we'd like to provide some customized help with.

Can you send a brief email to support+windows@1Password.com, with a link to this discussion? You've already provided lots of great info here (which we want to make sure we're including as we go forward), and over there our team will be able to discuss specifics of your setup and generally get to work expediting an investigation for you. If you're able to share those Event Viewer logs, we would welcome that as well.

I'll hope to see you there! 👋

• themarquee
    themarquee
    Community Member
    Options

Support ticket submitted. Appreciate the help!

• themarquee
    themarquee
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB Thank you for the suggestion. I'd check that box if I could get the app to start. :( Is there a way to install it manually?

• Hello @themarquee, thanks for getting back to us and submitting that ticket. Someone from the team will be in touch soon.

ref: ZYX-32253-975

This discussion has been closed.