Your session has expired. Please sign in again to authenticate 1Password.

Options
gussic
gussic
Community Member
edited May 2022 in iOS

Hi there,

I am getting the above error almost every time I open safari on my iPhone now. I'll go to navigate to a new page, and it'll redirect to the page below - despite no change to my credentials etc. It expires multiple times a day, I counted 8 times yesterday?

Grateful for any advice on how to fix this.

Cheers

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.5

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @gussic! ๐Ÿ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're being repeatedly prompted to sign-in to your 1Password account on your iPhone. We're aware of an issue that matches the behaviour that you're describing. All users who have reported the issue so far are using the 1Password for Safari web extension on their iPhone and have two-factor authentication enabled for their 1Password account. Can you tell me if this is the case with your situation as well?

I look forward to hearing from you. ๐Ÿ™‚

ref: dev/core/core#14190

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Hi Dave!

Yes on all counts, Safari web extension and 2FA enabled :S

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gussic

Thank you for the reply. Our developers are currently investigating the issue and I've added your report to the internal work item open for the issue so that they're aware.

If the login page is disrupting your workflow too much then you can workaround the issue either by disabling two-factor authentication for your 1Password account or by disabling 1Password for Safari and using Password AutoFill instead.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the issue is causing and hopefully this is something that we can resolve with a future update. Please let me know if you have any questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Thanks Dave. The reference i have from your support folks is #UXV-11562-589 - not sure if you need that, or if it is helpful in any way?

Are there any work arounds that don't involve disabling 2FA or turning off the extension? Perhaps a Beta version I can run through TestFlight?

Cheers

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gussic

Thank you for the Support ID, I've responded to your email and I recommend that we continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. ๐Ÿ™‚

ref: UXV-11562-589

This discussion has been closed.