1Password 8 Beta - Autofill in App Drawer

Options
griffinh
griffinh
Community Member
edited May 2022 in Android

After installing the Beta, I noticed 1Password was opening the Autofill suggestion overlay in the app drawer search. Personally, I wouldn't expect this behavior.

I have the Android 12 option to always show the keyboard when the app drawer is opened, so the overlay appears each time I swipe up to access it. It also pops up when this drawer setting is disabled and you tap in the search field.

Excited to see updates coming to Android and to keep testing!

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12 - May security update

Comments

• Hey @griffinh thanks for sharing this with us and thanks for testing 1Password 8!

My guess is that this is actually a bug in 1Password 7 for Android as I've run into something similar myself. I'd like to ask you to open 1Password 7, tap Settings > Autofill then tap Accessibility off. With Accessibility off in 1Password 7 does the prompt continue to appear in the app drawer? Thanks again!

ref: android-1540

• griffinh
    griffinh
    Community Member
    Options

No more prompts after turning off Accessibility in 1Password 7. Great timing for this bug to show up and mess with me!

Thanks for the quick response!

• mverde
    Options

Glad that @ag_timothy could help you get to the bottom of that one! You'll definitely want to have Accessibility in 1Password 7 off when using Autofill with 1Password 8. The reason is that Autofill and Accessibility in work together in 1Password 7 so that they don't interfere with each other. However, Accessibility in 1Password 7 has no understanding of Autofill in 1Password 8, so they would definitely step on each other's toes.

This discussion has been closed.