[Bug] [1P8] Unable to save the sort criteria

prakharaug
prakharaug
Community Member

Sorry!! But this is something which I discovered on the first instance.
While viewing all items I first selected the sort as "Title" however when I come to the page again the list is sorted using date modified.

1Password Version: 80800056
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this to us @prakharaug! You're absolutely right to expect that choice to persist. It seems like it might be a relatively recent regression. I'm following up with a developer on my team to determine what might be causing this bug.

• brycec
    brycec
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue on the brand new 1Password 8 Beta for Android. No matter what page I start on and how I navigate away, it never saves my sorting. It always defaults back to date modified.

• unrealreality
    unrealreality
    Community Member

I'll second this. Now that I'm testing out the new beta (which is AWESOME by the way!), it looks like the sort order doesn't stick. Keep up the great work on it!

• Thanks for confirming @brycec and @unrealreality! We've figured out the cause of the issue and should hopefully have the fix implemented soon.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Every time I change the Logins sort order to "Title" it reverts back to "Date Created/Newest First".

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member

I'm seeing this as well in the v8 beta and I hope to see it fixed soon, because it's really annoying.

• @LarryMcJ, @MerryBit, thanks for letting us know this has been an issue for you.

I'm sorry to hear it has been a pain point! As mverde mentioned above, we're investing this issue and hope to have a fix out as soon as possible. Thanks again for your input!

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

👍

• Thank you!

• ethomp
    ethomp
    Community Member

For something like the favorites section, which lacks any sort functionality, it's even more frustrating. Every time I go to the "home" screen in 1P8 (actually, it looks like it's each time 1P8 is unlocked, which is usually the same thing), my favorites display in some random order.

That isn't the same behavior on the other platforms, and it makes that feature almost useless, since I have to hunt in the list each time. If it always returned to some criteria, I could adapt. A totally random order makes that impossible. 🤪

I'm thrilled to have 1P8 available on Android, though, and realize how "spoiled" I've gotten on the desktop and browser experience...

Now if only the "early access" phase on iOS would end...

• Hello again @ethomp, thanks for your continued feedback. In the recent beta releases the search criteria should now be saved. You can search 1Password 8 in the Google Play Store to check for the available updates.

I reached out regarding the shuffling of favorited items and it sounds like that is not intended behavior. The team will be looking into a solution for this issue. Thanks for letting us know it's been an issue for you!

• ethomp
    ethomp
    Community Member

Thanks! Yeah, I thought it was just me there for a second or there was a setting I didn't see. That kind of behavior isn't something I'm used to seeing from any of the 1Password products.

• Happy to help @ethomp, and thanks for all feedback on the new app! I think I might have assumed the shuffled favorites were just my poor memory 😀

This discussion has been closed.